Sherry Christmas Tree, Plaza de Arenal, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
My husband Brad and I are on the greatest adventure of our lives! We live in Rota Spain and are basically taking a European vacation for the next three years; so come along with us as we travel around Europe, live, learn and eventually get luvs.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Big 31

For Brad the celebration of his 31st birthday was the real turning point because now he felt like he was really "in" his 30's. Regardless of its stigma we still had a really good time.
After several years of not using our 1 skiver pan, we used it twice in course of one week.  First for Christmas and then for Brad's party food prep.  I also made a giant batch of egg loafs, so it was kind of an odd breakfast for dinner party spread, but good nibbles are good nibbles at any hour!
I think this was my first home made birthday cake for Brad.  Clearly I need to practice up a bit, but even though it wasn't that pretty it certainly was tasty.  The party wasn't that big but it was a great time.
When it was all said and done, Brad was passed out in bed.  He actually slipped off without a word to anyone, so I staged a good passed out photo to commemorate the night for him.   I was the sober party goer, so after driving everyone home, I stayed up another couple of hours and cleaned house with my 2 am second wind energy.  It was actually really nice to get the next morning after having a party and not have a hang over and have the house be clean! A great end to a great night!

                               Welcome to your 30's boog. May the best years be yet to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment